These are a very easy light lunch that I’d recommend to anyone! You need a cupcake/muffin tin.
6 wholemeal tortillas (or white ones)
1 large ripe avocado*, cubed
1 large ripe mango, cubed
1 red pepper, diced
1 green pepper, diced
Half a red onion, chopped finely
1 scotch bonnet chilli (or other hot chilli), chopped finely
1 tin sweetcorn or half a tin of black beans (or both, go nuts), drained
Juice of 1 lime
2 spring onions, finely sliced
Salt (to taste)
1 bunch coriander, chopped roughly
12-14 mint leaves, finely sliced
- Heat the oven to 180c.
- Prepare all the ingredients as above.
- Spray or brush a little oil into each hole of the cupcake/muffin tin.
- Cut the tortillas into quarters, and put a quarter in each hole of the cupcake/muffin tin. Press down and bend them how you like to make a cup with 3 points.
- Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes until they are crisp and golden – some blackening is okay.
- Let the cups cool in the tray. Once cool, put them on a plate.
- Mix all the other ingredients together, adding more lime, salt or chilli if you like. Taste it!
- Fill the cups with the mixture.